My nineteenth trip around the sun was documented and celebrated last Monday and before I thoughtlessly skip right over it without mentioning the life changing occasion, I thought I'd blog about all the wonderful and expansive things I learnt while experiencing my eighteenth year.
A substantial amount of shit, both fun and not so, went down in the last year of my life so I can't think of a better way than to spend this glorious Thursday morning walking down memory lane, smelling the rose bushes and saluting the thorns that contributed to my scrapbook of a life.
Just a forewarning, this is a pretty accurate showcase of who I am and my very intensely splendid essence. This blog contains course language, humour and a damn good time. So, just like a strong cocktail, enjoy it once and then enjoy it again.
1. You are in charge of how you feel in every moment and everyone is a reflection of that. Yeah, big one hey, but seriously, the dip-shits are not worth a piss weak slice of your hot, powerful, sexy, shiny and divine energy.
2. You can not stray off course. Every step is part of the magical journey that will get you to where you need to go. Even though it may seem like a waste of time looking back or you may think how the hell did you not see that sometimes you just gotta do it. More fodder for your stand up comedy career I say.
3. People cannot give what they do not have. Simple.
4. Health is not measured by physical activity or what you eat but rather your internal dialogue; the mind food you feed on every single day.
5. It'll feel good if it's meant to be and if the thought of it causes you any kind of emotional or physical distress and torment it's clearly not for you. Listen to how you feel, every moment it is pointing you in the direction of your highest good.
6. Lending your emotional hand for others is a lovely thing but there comes a time when drawing the line is necessary. Overextending yourself will not do anyone any good.
7. You may choose to give up the dream but that doesn't mean you're going to stop wanting it. So tell me again, why is throwing in the towel a better idea than pursuing your hearts desire?
8. Obligations only exist if you agree on them, therefore you do not owe anything to anyone ever. The only obligation you should have is for yourself and that is to make your well being be your number one priority.
9. Not knowing that Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth split till after you have a dream that Liam is totally into you is quite possibly foreseeing the future and is something definitely worth reading into.
10. Being in a state of appreciation and gratitude will bring more deliciousness daily to you.
11. Change is actually so fucking beautiful and not something to be alarmed by. It means that there's evolution and transformation occurring constantly to create an ever better experience than before.
12. Scott Hastings from Baz Lurhmanns Strictly Ballroom is HOT and something young me wasn't able to appreciate but that's okay because 8 year old Delilah, I got chu.
13. Cockiness does not mean someone actually has decent knowledge or information about the subject they're cocky about. Do not get phased by those who choose to dress their egos in loads of cock because it's never really that good or big.
14. Anger is forward moving energy and can be transformed into a powerful force of nature when assisted into free flowing healthy energy. Use your anger as a tool, it is there to help you.
15. You have every right in this lifetime to have everything you want. It's not absurd, far fetched or unrealistic no matter what others want to tell you. It's your life and you can make it as realistic to you as you possibly want.
16. Kath Day-Knight from Kath & Kim taught me the amount of fucks to give; zero.
17. If a door does not open for you then it is not your door and if you then find yourself in a room with no doors, take the time to gather your priorities, thoughts and desires so when the next door opens it's better than you ever imagined.
18. Life is not that complicated, sure it's messy but if you can appreciate the mess, why it's there and look past it, there's always a beautiful sunset at the end of each and every day.
I hope this blog made you giggle, gave you some new insight, inspired or reminded you of something you were needing to hear. I had a lot of fun and laughed quite a lot digging through my diary of the past year finding chunks of gold I completely forgot I ever touched.
This did remind me of how low and uncertain I was with different aspects of my life in the past year and as crappy as they were I wouldn't change them as they've given me more than I could ever ask. They also lead me here typing this blog right now so how can I not not show my deep appreciation for something like that?
Cups of tea and cheek kisses, Delilah.